BDC is a club that helps discover and nurture the skills, talents and potentials of learners through dance and ballet.
The club's objectives are:
- To create and maintain interest and love for ballet among learners.
- To develop a multifaceted physicality through training in dance techniques.
- Participation in rehearsal and performance process and collaborating with others.
- Studying and practice methodologies for translating written text and song into live performance.
- To integrate dance with choreography.
- To expose learners to competitions and presentations of ballet within and outside the school.
Benefits of the club include the following:
- Enhances physical, emotional and social skills.
- Personal development of skills and discovery of innate abilities.
- Instils the love of learning and growing
- Internalisation of confidence and boldness in learners.
- Exposure within and outside school through presentations, competitions and outings.
Activities/achievements so far include the following:
The following are our achievements so far:
- Learners have been able to show ballet techniques
- Learners can now display the various ballet positions
- Learners have been able to integrate dance with choreography
- Learners are currently working on a presentation towards the end of term.